Man with a Van North London – how to organize your relocation?
If you want to make your office removal fully prepaid and perfect, it is necessary to begin planning 8 weeks prior to the scheduled date for the move. By doing this you will manage to properly prepare your staff and cover all details regarding the company relocation.
Pre-plans are important to avoid disruption in work and business during the office removal process.
Tips for successful office relocation
- Schedule visitation dates with a number of office removal companies for your premises (both the current and new one) in order to get a relevant estimate. Work out a preferred date – the majority of removal companies are going to relocate your company either on a Saturday or Sunday in order to not affect your work process. The Professional Man with a Van North London company can help you precisely in this regard.
- Make sure that your company of choice is confident in the management and moving of all of your equipment etc. Ask as many questions as you want and get references to make sure that there isn’t any doubt in their attitude regarding the move.
- Be sure to visit your new office space and to measure any large items in order to make sure that they will fit around the corridors and through the entrances.
- Create a floor plan regarding the desk layout as well as equipment.
- Be sure to remember when devising your floor plan that large items like chairs, desk filing cabinets, printers etc require contiguous space in order for drawers to open, chairs to move and for you to have access to shelves for example.
- Consult with key employees when it comes to your floor plan and uses the moment as an opportunity for reorganizing given members of your staff.
- Make sure you have a proper internet connection upon arrival in order for your employees to be able to continue their work undisturbed.
Before moving house/office
- When you’ve finished the floor plan, send a copy to all of your staff in order for them to visualize the new surroundings before moving. Do not forget to make a number of copies of the floor plan so that they are available at the new office on the day of the move.
- Provide your relocation company with a lot of photocopies of the new office layout
- Make sure that each piece, that is to be moved, is marked with colored stickers or proper labels (like one color per floor or department) in order for the company to know where to place them when at the new office. The color codes are to be made accessible to everybody.
- Be sure to mark all items that are NOT to be moved to your new office. Cheap Packers and Movers London are on hand to help you out.
- Make your staff members aware of their responsibilities. Are they to pack their own files? Are they responsible for overseeing the process of moving their own workstations? Are they to pack up their drawers by themselves?
- It is essential that you employ a computer specialist to reestablish your network in order to not waste any unnecessary time. Ask your company about this, as some commercial movers offer the services of their very own in-house specialist.
On the day of relocation
Inform your employees of what they should do. You can give them a half-a-day holiday for them not to hang around the office or you can tell them to wait at the new office for instance.
- An important fact to remember is that the health and safety of your staff, as well as the office removal company, is integral.
- Don’t allow your employees to lift any of the heavy equipment or furniture.
- It is important to let your relocation specialists do their job – they excel at taping up filing cabinets, boxing-up equipment and wrapping computers in a safe and efficient fashion before packing them into their lorries.
- Be extremely careful with secure or confidential documents. Make sure all of them are transported in a safe and organized manner. Your removal company might offer you the services of their own specialist contractor for the job.
- Make sure your employees have proper access to a new kettle, lavatories, and a sink.
- Inform your staff about the new car parking arrangements and make sure that permits are allocated.
- Be sure to send out your change of address cards.